Sunday, September 18, 2011
Chocolate Truffle Cakes
(Adapted from From Blah to Ta-Daa)
5 tablespoons UNSALTED BUTTER or BUTTER ALTERNATIVE
9 oz. SEMISWEET CHOCOLATE, chopped
5 oz. DARK CHOCOLATE, chopped
2 tablespoons SUGAR
1 tablespoon ALL-PURPOSE GLUTEN-FREE FLOUR
1/4 teaspoon SALT (omit if using salted butter)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease or line a cupcake tin with papers.
2. In a heatproof bowl, melt the butter, chocolate, and 1 tablespoon of sugar over a saucepan of simmering water or in the microwave. When smooth and combined, remove from heat and let the chocolate cool and thicken for about 5 minutes.
3. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and remaining sugar until doubled in volume, about 2 minutes. Mix the flour and salt into the eggs.
4. Slowly incorporate the chocolate into the eggs until well combined.
5. Fill the cupcake tin about 2/3 of the way full and bake about 18-20 minutes or until the tops are springy to the touch. Let cool and keep in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.