Saturday, September 3, 2011
Simple Shortbread Cookies
Simple Shortbread Cookies (~12 cookies)
(Adapted from Clubhouse)
1 cup WHITE RICE FLOUR
1 teaspoon XANTHAN GUM
1/2 cup BUTTER, at room temperature
1/4 cup WHITE SUGAR
1/2 teaspoon VANILLA EXTRACT
SUGAR, for dusting
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the rice flour and xanthan gum.
3. In large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in the vanilla.
4. Stir the flour mixture into the butter and knead lightly until dough is smooth. Refrigerate about 20 minutes.
5. Once cooled, roll out the dough into 1-inch balls. Roll the balls in sugar and use the bottom of a cup or a fork to flatten the cookies slightly.
6. Bake about 15 minutes and let cool for 10 minutes before moving to a cooling rack.