(Adapted from Food.com)
1 1/2 lbs LEAN GROUND BEEF
1/2 lb ITALIAN SAUSAGE
1 large ONION, chopped
2 GARLIC CLOVES, minced
1 teaspoon SALT
1 tablespoon DRIED PARSLEY
1 tablespoon DRIED OREGANO
1 tablespoon DRIED BASIL
2 (14 1/2 ounce) CANNED DICED TOMATOES, undrained
2 (6 ounce) cans TOMATO PASTE
12 ounces RICOTTA CHEESE
12 ounces COTTAGE CHEESE
2 EGGS, beaten
1/2 teaspoon PEPPER
2 tablespoons PARSLEY
1/2 cup grated PARMESAN CHEESE
1 lb MOZZARELLA CHEESE, divided
12 -15 GLUTEN-FREE LASAGNE NOODLES
1. In a large pot, brown ground beef, sausage, garlic, and onion.
2. To the pot, add salt, parsley, oregano, basil, tomatoes, and tomato paste. Mix well and simmer for about 1 hour.
3. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. In a bowl, combine the ricotta, cottage cheese, eggs, pepper, parsley, parmesan, and half the mozzarella.
4. In a 9x13 pan, layer noodles, meat sauce, cheese and repeat, ending with noodles and topping with sauce. Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella on top.
5. Bake for 30 - 40 minutes, or until cheese is thoroughly melted.